Hello! My name is Scarlett Curtis, I’m 18 years old and I live in London, I used to write a blog called Teen Granny because given the chance I spend most of my time knitting, baking, cross stitching and staying in on Friday nights.
You might already be bored because you are in fact a person who hates staying in on Friday nights but if you’re sticking around – here are 10 more things you might like to know about me…
1. I like to bake things that look prettier than they taste. I also like to bake things that taste nicer than they look but they are much less fun to photograph.
2. When I was 14 I had an operation on my back that went very wrong and I was in pain for about 2 and a half years.
3. This experience really gave me a chance to develop my skills in areas such as spending a lot of time in my bedroom and Lego construction. It was also where I found my love of knitting and making life better through baking and crafting.
4. It also gave me a lot of time to really study Greys Anatomy and the films of Nora Ephron, which was a very worthwhile endeavor in my opinion.
5. I’m not in physical pain anymore which is the best thing in the world but I do still suffer with other horrible things like depression, anxiety and recovering from an eating disorder.
6. I spent a long time thinking no other teenagers even knew what these things were and that’s why I want to talk about them on this blog and try not to be so ashamed any more.
7. My favourite drink is hot ribena.
8. I have a dog called Posy and a cat called Catsby. I talk to them more than humans and I’m still waiting for a reply.
9. Reading books (or listening to audiobooks) is my favourite state of being; my favourite book is The Great Gatsby, which I have 18 copies of however I am also fond of The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants saga (I’m very diverse like that). If you have a book recommendation please tweet it to me as I have a greater need for books to read than I do friends to recommend them.
10. I once knitted Prince William and then my mum met Kate Middleton and gave him to her, while I’m incredibly happy this happened I miss my knitted prince every day.